Update: Another fresh batch of deals are ready for your seeking pleasure! Save some extra cash using your phone’s camera and Amazon app.
Aside from the obvious sale prices and coupons, there are other ways for the truly savvy shopper to save even more on Prime Day. Tucked deep within Amazon’s Prime Day lead-up content is a promo centered around the camera features of the Amazon iOS/Android app. If you do the proper legwork and have a solid day of game-plan, you’ll be able to save an additional $30 on Prime Day by leveraging this one promo.
Here’s how it works: Amazon will be offering an extra $5 off select deals throughout the duration of Prime Day for shoppers who utilize specific Camera Features within the Amazon app.
There will be six deal periods spanning 6-hours each and you’re able to participate in as many as you’d like. Assuming you take advantage of all six periods, you’ll secure an extra $30 in Prime Day savings. At this point we have no idea which products or how many deals will be eligible for the additional savings; you’ll need to check back at the start of each deal period for full details:
- Period 1: July 16, 2018, 12:00 p.m. (PT) – 5:59 p.m. (PT)
- Period 2: July 16, 2018, 6:00 p.m. (PT) – 11:59 p.m. (PT)
- Period 3: July 17, 2018, 12:00 a.m. (PT) – 5:59 a.m. (PT)
- Period 4: July 17, 2018, 6:00 a.m. (PT) – 11:59 a.m. (PT)
- Period 5: July 17, 2018, 12:00 p.m. (PT) – 5:59 p.m. (PT)
- Period 6: July 17, 2018, 6:00 p.m. (PT) – 11:59 a.m. (PT)
While there are 4 different camera features that’ll activate the savings, you can use the same one each time. These features are pretty niche and the process isn’t intuitive so we created a step-by-step guide to outline exactly what you’ll need to do when each period goes live.
To begin, you’ll first need to download the Amazon app on your iOS or Android device. Once installed, open it and tap the Camera icon at the end of the search bar. You’ll then be prompted to allow Amazon to access your phone’s camera. Once that’s completed, you can start the tasks.
How to use Product Search:
- As with the other settings, hit the Camera icon and then click See More at the bottom. There you’ll find the ‘AR View‘ mode to select. Not all devices are compatible with this mode so it may not be available for you at this time.
- This mode allows you to see how various best-selling products would look in your home. From here, select an item in the bottom window that you’re interested in and then go to a location in your home where you might place that item.
- The app will ask where you’re planning on placing the item, whether that’s on the ground, on a table, or on a wall. Selecting the right option will help the next step work properly.
- The item should appear before you as if it’s actually there in real life. You can drag it around, make it bigger, or turn it around with your fingers. You can also walk around the item to get a look at it from other angles.
- Upon closing out of that view, you should notice a pop-up stating “You’ve unlocked $5 off Prime Day Deals”. Click on that banner and then press ‘Get Coupon’ to add the offer to your account.
Get prepared with Thrifter’s newsletter
The Thrifter team is going to be covering ALL things Prime Day, and you won’t want to miss out. Sign up now to have tips, tricks, deals, and more delivered right to your inbox and be sure to check out all the deals that are already available.